Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blue Highway Pizza (Micanopy and Tioga locations)


204 NE Highway 441 Micanopy
13005 SW 1st Rd Tioga

Full menu here http://www.bluehighwaypizza.com/tioga-menu-2009.pdf

Price Range: Very reasonable.

Menu Highlights: The pizzas are phenomenal. I also like the Spaghetti Pomodoro at the Tioga location

I'm not quite sure why I've neglected to review these guys yet, as they easily have the best pizza in town and possibly some of the best I've tasted. I strongly prefer the Micanopy location to the Tioga one for the following reasons: the Micanopy one is the original, it has charm beyond belief, and I actually think their pizza is better than the Tioga location.

For starters, I'm a huge fan of plain ol' cheese pizza. If you're not, however, never fear as Blue Highway has several wonderful options available (just check out their menu). They also have a deep dish that is knee weakening good (it certainly isn't healthy). For me, though the star of the show is the dough. It's so perfect in every possible way that it's hard for me to even do it justice. The bottom is coated with delicate bread crumbs and the crust is brushed with olive oil and garlic. It truly is a wonderful creation. My only complaint is that neither location is terribly close to me.

The Micanopy location has a simpler menu, as their kitchen space is limited. You're pretty much confined to salads, pizzas, and calzones. Tioga, however, has a full menu with pasta, sandwiches, and more. I particularly like the deliciously simple spaghetti pomodoro which has pasta, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, garlic, and some crushed red pepper. It's really a perfect presentation of a simple Italian classic.

I can honestly say that this is some of the best pizza I've ever had, and it easily puts the rest of the pizza in this town to shame. It's worth your while to make the trek to either location, but if you really want killer pizza, head to Micanopy. Plus, you can buy a gun on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment